Friday, July 1, 2011
. . .Where I flash on the Top Five things I'm obsessed with at the moment. This week, it's time to share my favorite apps for iPhone/iPad.
Not counting the Kindle App (the whole reason for an E-reader), these are in a particular order.
5. IMDB - If you're not familiar with Internet Movie Database, get with the program. It has any and all information on various and sundry movie minutiae. Who was the actress who played Elizabeth Bennett's best friend in Pride and Prejudice? Type in the movie title, click on "cast" and poof, your answer (Claudie Blakely) appears faster than Lydia can elope with the dashing Mr. Wickham.
4. DirecTV - This app has saved me more times than I can count. If I'm out, and forgot to set my Tivo to record a show, tap this app, and -- BAM -- problem solved.
3. Moviefone - At dinner and decide at the last minute to go to the movies, too? Open this app, and your GPS allows it to bring up movie theaters in your immediate area. Not sure which movie to see? Watch the trailers right on your phone.
2. Friendly - This is the Facebook app I use. If I'm reading a book, and want to check FB real quick, I exit the Kindle app, hit up Friendly, and life is beautiful. God saved the queen.
1. Words With Friends - Curses to the folks at Zynga for creating this game. It's a digital version of Scrabble, and I am hooked like a giant catfish on that disgusting Swamp People reality show where they've never heard of catch and release, and the fish have more teeth than the people. Somebody help me, please. I think I might need an intervention.
What's your favorite App? Check the "Shares Well With Others" box on your inner report card and tell us about it.