Monday, July 18, 2011

DESTINATION: Wedding


Our niece married her soulmate in Atlanta, GA, and it was refreshing to see young love again. I have never seen two people more in love than this couple. Don't get me wrong; Sarge and I are still in love, but the last time he looked at me with doe eyes was because I had the remote and Swamp People was about to come on TV.
So I want to thank my niece and her bridegroom for reminding us of our youth, and for helping me with Number 123 on my Bucket List: Attend a Destination Wedding.
Sarge and I enjoyed three beautiful days of nuptial hustle and bustle, including the Bride's Breakfast at the St. Regis Hotel in Buckhead (photo above), and ending with the wedding (photo below) at the Flint Hill Mansion. The ceremony was held out of doors in beautiful gardens (How they kept the bugs out, I'll never know!) The reception was inside the newly restored c.1835 mansion that was once a slave-owning plantation. (Is there any other kind?) Tasteful, elegant and full of love are the words that best describe this wedding.
Afterwards, of course, all of the out-of-town family members gathered together for a nightcap (no photos allowed.)
Congratulations to Erikka and Ralph!





No comments: