Friday, April 1, 2011
Where I flash on my top 5 favorite things. This week, it's my top 5 obscure holidays. This is NO April Fool's joke because they are completely real holidays as listed in Holiday Insights. Feel free to add them to your Bucket List!
1. Backwards Day - Jan 31 - where you do everything backwards: start at the finish line, walk backwards to work, put your verb before the subject. Personally, I like to celebrate by eating my dessert first.
2. International Fun At Work Day - April 1 - I like to celebrate this day by staying home from work. This could also be celebrated on Backwards Day.
3. Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbor Day - Feb 7 - Wave all your fingers at your neighbor instead of just one.
4. Something On A Stick Day - Mar 28 - where you celebrate things that come on a stick, i.e., fudgsicles, hot dogs, Cathy.
5. Eat What You Want Day - May 11 - Self-explanatory. Whaddya say we make this a yearlong holiday?
Do you know of any off-the-wall holidays you'd care to share with us?