Monday, February 14, 2011

Ready, Set, Match


Good shot + perfect form = a perfect storm.
These are all words that can be used to describe my sister-in-law's performance at the Canyon Crest Semi-Finals Tennis Tournament. (She's the same sis-in-law that got me backstage at the Oscars.)

Tera's been playing for years, but this was her first foray advancing to the semi's, so a bunch of us went down to cheer her on. We had to do it very quietly on the sidelines. (Though I had to remind Sarge because he was jabbering like he was at home in front of the TeeVee.)

She is a sensational player, and I got a kick out of watching someone I actually know actually win, thanks to her ace serve and her awesome backhand. She put so much backspin on the ball, it made me dizzy and I fell. . . back in love with the game!

It was fantastic just watching her. I love my family, and you know what they say: Love is nothing in tennis, but in life, it's everything.

Thanks, Tera, for helping a sister out with Number 129 on her Bucket List!

2 comments:

Cathy C. Hall said...

I love that saying about Tennis and love, Arlene!

Just popped in to see if you're on Facebook...I got something in my email but wasn't sure if it was you. Help a sister out, here-look me up if that's you and I'll happily friend you! Find me at Cathy C. Hall...you'll see my pic. :-)

MsALWalker said...

Thanks Cathy, and yes, that was me friending you!