Friday, May 20, 2011
On Fab 5 Fridays, I flash on my five favorite things of the moment. Whew, say that five times real fast!
It's prom season, so this week I'm going to count down my five favorite prom flicks. In no particular order, of course.
1. Pretty in Pink - Who didn't want to be pretty in pink like (Molly Ringwald) at the prom back in the eighties?
2. Prom Night in Mississippi - Starring Morgan Freeman. Ok. I'm cheating; it's actually a documentary about Morgan Freeman footing the bill for the first ever integrated prom in a little town in Mississippi. No, it was not 1950; it was in 2009. Worth a look-see.
3. American Pie - Culminated in a prom scene so racy, I banned my then fifteen-year-old daughter from seeing it until she turned twenty five. She just saw it this year. (That's what she told me, anyway.)
4. Cooley High - The tagline for this 1975 movie was "Where the student Body was a chick named Veronica, the senior prom was a "belly rub," and there was a permanent crap game in the men's room." Sounds like my prom!
5. Carrie - starring Sissy Spacek. You didn't think I'd leave this movie off, did you? Sweetest revenge movie ever! Oh, and there's a prom in it.
What's your favorite prom flick?
Posted by MsALWalker at 6:00 AM